Scanadu, a valued annual sponsor of the Quantified Self, invites you to donate your spit for science! Check out the announcement below to learn more.
Do you have a cough, fever, sore throat, achy muscles, and/or a runny nose?
If you do, you can help us better understand the biology of upper respiratory infections and/or the flu. Donating your spit may, down the line, help reduce unnecessary antibiotic use, help limit the spread of respiratory pathogens and contribute to the design of a new product.
Benefits of participating:
- An opportunity to participate in science and help Scanadu
- A $10 Amazon gift card
- Upon request, we will be happy to share your experimental results. It is understood that this is not an approved diagnostic test and results should not be used for medical diagnosis.
Who can participate?
- Children 6+ years and adults (parent/guardian consent required for children under the age of 18)
- Currently experiencing a common cold, sore throat or influenza
- Currently living in the United States
How do I participate?
Click the following link for more information and to sign-up: http://bit.ly/1dQNk8n
Need more information? For questions regarding participation in this study and the collection of saliva, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com