In the QS world I’d like to live in, our personal data would be easily available to us to learn from using many different methods and tools. Here are some conditions I think would make this easier:
- Data can be exported from the various systems we use into a simple format for exploration.
- We can store and backup our data using whatever method we want.
- We can share our data with whomever we want.
- We can rescind permission to look at our data.
- We can flow our data into diverse visualization templates and analytical systems.
I’ve tried to express these conditions briefly and simply, but any of them – and certainly all of them together – require changes in the systems we currently use, and these changes may be challenging for technical, business, social, and political reasons.
I know many people in our community have worked on parts of this problem, and I’m interested in your comments and ideas.